The death of the American death penalty : states still leading the way /
This work is a study of state-level developments regarding the death penalty. The death penalty has largely disappeared as a national legislative issue and the Supreme Court has mainly bowed out, leaving the states at the cutting edge of abolition politics. This guide presents and explains the chan...
Northeastern University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Abolition. Death penalty debates in traditional abolitionist jurisdictions
- The New York State death penalty debate
- The abolition of capital punishment in New Jersey
- The abolition of capital punishment in New Mexico
- The abolition of capital punishment in Illinois.
- Quasi-Abolition. The recurring life and death of death penalty legislation in Kansas
- Recent death penalty abolition near misses in New England: New Hampshire and Connecticut
- Recent abolition near misses: Nebraska and Maryland
- De facto abolition states.
- The South. Opposition to capital punishment in the South and Texas
- The death penalty on a downhill slope.