Painters and Paintings in the Early American South /
Williamsburg, Virginia :
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation in association with Yale University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Exploring the New World
- Immigrants and early settlers
- Native people and the natural world
- A taste for art emerges
- An increase in successful artists
- Itinerary becomes common
- Trained painters for discerning consumers
- Appendix A : Other known painters between 1760 and 1791
- Appendix B : Badger family tree
- Appendix C : Dering family tree.