The presidential leadership dilemma : between the Constitution and a political party /
|Other Authors:||, ,|
State University of New York Press,
|Series:||SUNY series in American constitutionalism.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: a rock and a hard place: between a party and the people / Julia R. Azari, Lara M. Brown, Zim G. Nwokora
- Pathways to the nomination: an analytic framework / Zim G. Nwokora
- Presidential mandates and the leadership dilemma: William J. Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack H. Obama / Julia R. Azari
- Playing for history: the reelection leadership choices of presidents William J. Clinton and George W. Bush / Lara M. Brown
- Presidents, leverage, and significant public policy / Daniel E. Ponder
- The Base Realignment and Closing Commission: difficult choices, electoral considerations, and the future of national leadership in a partisan age / Lilly J. Goren
- The paradoxes of presidential leadership in pursuing policy goals: don't ask, don't tell and the lifting of the ban on gays and lesbians in the military / Benjamin A. Copeland, Victoria A. Farrar-Myers
- Taking credit and avoiding blame: the politics of rhetorical signing statements under unified and divided government / Christopher S. Kelley, Bryan W. Marshall, Deanna J. Watts
- President Obama and counterterrorism policy: when campaign pressures meet governing imperatives / Nancy Kassop, Steven R. Goldzwig
- Conclusion: the right choice at the right time / Julia R. Azari, Lara M. Brown, Zim G. Nwokora.