Policy agendas in British politics /
"Through a unique dataset covering half a century of policy-making in Britain, this book traces how topics like the economy, international affairs, and crime have changed in their importance to government. The data concerns key venues of decision-making - the Queen's Speech, laws and budge...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY :
|Series:||Comparative studies of political agendas.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Machine generated contents note:
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- 1. The Policy Agenda and British Politics
- 2. Policy-Making and British Politics
- 3. Measuring the Policy Agenda: Policy, Public and Media in Britain
- 4. Change and Stability in Executive and Legislative Agendas
- 5. Policy Punctuations
- 6. Structural Shifts in British Political Attention
- 7. Public Opinion and the Policy Agenda
- 8. The Media
- 9. Budgets and Policy Implementation
- 10. Conclusion
- List of Tables and Figures.