Redefining rape : sexual violence in the era of suffrage and segregation /
Cambridge, Massachusetts :
Harvard University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The narrowing meaning of rape
- The crime of seduction
- Empowering white women
- Contesting the rape of Black women
- The racialization of rape and lynching
- African Americans redefine sexual violence
- Raising the age of consent
- From protection to sexualization
- The sexual vulnerability of boys
- "Smashing the masher"
- After suffrage
- The anti-lynching movement
- Scottsboro and its legacies
- The enduring politics of rape.