Well worth saving : how the New Deal safeguarded home ownership /
Chicago ; London :
The University of Chicago Press,
|Series:||Markets and governments in economic history.
Connect to MyiLibrary resource.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The patchwork mortgage market in the 1920s
- The mortgage crisis
- Pressures for government action
- The economic rationale for the HOLC
- An HOLC primer
- The lenders' good deal
- The borrowers' good deal
- Repairing mortgage and housing markets
- The cost to taxpayers and subsidies to the housing market
- Walking through the analysis of the impact of the HOLC.