Molecular genetics of inflammatory bowel disease /
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) affects 1% of people worldwide. This condition is partly inherited, and genetic research has made enormous progress during the last few years, providing important insight into disease pathogenesis. This book provides a concise but complete overview of existing knowle...
New York :
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part I:
- The Foundation of IBD Genetics, Human and Animal Studies.
- A Primer on IBD: Phenotypes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Clinical Challenges /
- Xinjun Cindy Zhu and Richard P. MacDermott
- Genetic Epidemiology of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Early Twin and Family Studies /
- Jonas Halfvarson
- Insights from Recent Advances in Animal Models of Inflammatory Bowel Disease /
- Emiko Mizoguchi, Atsushi Mizoguchi and Atul K. Bhan
- Part II:
- The Genetic and Molecular Makeup of Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Complex Disease Genes and Their Discovery /
- Jeffrey C. Barrett and Mark J. Daly
- The Genetics of Crohn's Disease /
- Andre Franke and Miles Parkes
- Genetics of Ulcerative Colitis /
- Mauro D'Amato, Catherine Labbé and John D. Rioux
- Genetic Overlap Between Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Other Diseases /
- Charlie W. Lees and Alexandra Zhernakova
- Molecular Profiling of IBD Subtypes/Response to Therapy /
- Isabelle Cleynen and Séverine Vermeire
- Epigenetics of Inflammatory Bowel Disease /
- Robert Häsler, Stefan Schreiber and Stephan Beck
- Part III:
- Pathogenetic Pathways in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Nod1 and Nod2 and the Immune Response to Bacteria /
- Maria Kaparakis-Liaskos, Dana J. Philpott
- The IL23-Th17 Axis in Intestinal Inflammation /
- Kevin J. Maloy
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease at the Intersection of Autophagy and Immunity: Insights from Human Genetics /
- Natalia B. Nedelsky, Petric Kuballa and Adam B. Castoreno
- The Epithelial Barrier /
- Stefan Koch, Asma Nusrat and Charles A. Parkos
- Host Interactions with Bacteria: From "Entente Cordiale" to "Casus Belli" /
- Nouara Lhocine and Philippe J. Sansonetti
- Cytokines in Inflammatory Bowel Disease /
- Matthias A. Engel and Markus F. Neurath
- Part IV:
- Concluding Remarks and Future Perspectives.
- Towards Personalized Therapy in Inflammatory Bowel Disease /
- Dermot P. B. McGovern