Francis of Assisi and his "Canticle of Brother Sun" reassessed /
"In his fairly short life - he lived from 1181 or 1182 to 1226 - Francis of Assisi wrote relatively little, but he taught, preached and lived so influentially, so charismatically, that his voice still speaks to us across the centuries. His Canticle of Brother Sun has been paid little attention...
New York :
|Series:||New Middle Ages (Palgrave Macmillan (Firm))
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Francis of Assisi: a man of his time
- Pain and praise: the composition of the "Canticle"
- Words and meanings
- The form and structure of the "Canticle"
- Francis's mysticism and the "Canticle"
- "My Sister Death"
- The "Canticle" and its contexts
- The "Knight of Christ": Christian chivalry in the "Canticle"
- A commentary on the "Canticle".