The assessment and treatment of children who abuse animals : the AniCare child approach /
Empirical research has clearly demonstrated that animal abuse in childhood is associated with family violence and violent behavior towards humans in general. Such abuse is accordingly of increasing interest within human services and the criminal justice system. This handbook will serve as an ideal r...
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Context: Animal Abuse and Family Violence
- The Prevalence of Juvenile Animal Abuse
- Changing Attitudes Toward Animal Abuse. Theory: Attachment Theory
- Cognitive Behaviorism and Trauma-informed Narrative
- Psychodynamic Theory
- Diagnostic Categories Associated with Children Who Commit Animal Abuse
- Attention-Deficit and Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Attachment Difficulties. Treatment
- Processing Therapist Reactions
- Joining the Client
- Framing the Therapy
- Animal-assisted Therapy
- Clinical Cases
- Empathy Development: Psychosocial Emotional Exercises
- Puppet Role-play
- Working with Parents Behavior-Based Parent Training Tools
- Behavioral Techniques Used for
- Treating Aggressive Youth
- Relationships and Family Processes
- Building the Therapeutic Alliance.