Solving non-standard packing problems by global optimization and heuristics /
This book results from a long-term research effort aimed at tackling complex non-standard packing issues which arise in space engineering. The main research objective is to optimize cargo loading and arrangement, in compliance with a set of stringent rules. Complicated geometrical aspects are also t...
|Series:||SpringerBriefs in optimization,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Non-standard packing problems
- 2. Tetris-like items
- 3. Model reformulations and tightening
- 4. Heuristic approaches for solving the tetris-like problem in practice
- 5. Computational experience and real world context
- 6. Extensions and mixed-integer non-linear approaches for further applications
- 7. Directions for future research
- Case Studies.