James Madison and constitutional imperfection /
"This book presents a provocative account of James Madison's political thought by focusing on Madison's lifelong encounter with the enduring problem of constitutional imperfection. In particular, it emphasizes Madison's alliance with Thomas Jefferson, liberating it from those lon...
New York, NY :
Cambridge University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. The Madison problem
- 2. Appeals to tradition : the case for and against veneration
- 3. Appeals to elites : the problem with deliberation
- 4. Public opinion before parties
- 5. The turn to public opinion
- 6. Appeals to the people : Madison and the revolution of 1800
- 7. Appeals to text and history
- 8. "Take care of me when dead".