The longest trail : writings on American Indian history, culture, and politics /
New York :
Vintage Books, A Division of Penguin Random House LLC,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part I. Putting Indians into American history
- Listening to Indians: a commentary / by Clifford Trafzer
- A continent awakes
- Indians of the sound
- Tecumseh, the greatest Indian
- The Hudson's Bay Company and the American Indians
- "A most satisfactory council"
- Red morning in Minnesota
- The last stand of Chief Joseph
- Part II. Indians and the natural world
- Native endurance: a connection to place: a commentary / by Jaime Pinkham
- Cornplanter, can you swim? The Native Americans' fight to hold onto their land base
- "Like giving heroin to an addict": the reassertion of Native American water rights
- The great northwest fishing war
- The Hopi way
- Part III. The miracle of Indian survival
- Let's make the deal: Indian country's history of success: a commentary / by Mark Trahant
- The American Indian and the Bureau of Indian Affairs
- The historical and cultural context of White-Native American conflicts
- "You are on Indian land!".