Ends of empire : Asian American critique and the Cold War /
Ends of Empire examines Asian American cultural production and its challenge to the dominant understanding of American imperialism, Cold War dynamics, and race and gender formation. Jodi Kim demonstrates the degree to which Asian American literature and film critique the record of U.S. imperial viol...
University of Minnesota Press,
|Series:||Critical American studies series.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: unsettling hermeneutics and global nonalignments
- Cold war logics, cold war poetics: conjuring the specter of a red Asia
- The El Dorado of commerce: China's billion bellies
- Asian America's Japan: the perils of gendered racial rehabilitation
- The forgotten war: Korean America's conditions of possibility
- The war-surplus of our new imperialism: Vietnam, masculinist hypervisibility, and the politics of (af)filiation
- Epilogue: imagining an end to empire.