American lobotomy : a rhetorical history /
Tracing how the meanings of a barbaric surgical procedure emerged, accrued, and transformed within medicine and public culture in the U.S.
Ann Arbor :
University of Michigan Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Thinking with the thalamus : the rhetoric of emotional impairment
- Domesticated women and docile boys : lobotomy and gender in the popular press
- Someone else : the Cold War politics of personality change
- The rhetorical return of lobotomy : the campaign against psychosurgery
- Not our father's lobotomy : memories of lobotomy in the new age of psychosurgery
- How Weston State Hospital became the trans-Allegheny lunatic asylum; or, the birth of Dr. Monster
- Epilogue : haunted history.