The history of the Gulag : from collectivization to the great terror /
"The human cost of the Gulag, the Soviet labor camp system in which millions of people were imprisoned between 1920 and 1956, was staggering. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and others after him have written movingly about the Gulag, yet never has there been a thorough historical study of this unique an...
New Haven :
Yale University Press,
|Series:||Annals of Communism.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Origins of the Stalinist gulag
- Stabilization of the system
- The great terror
- Beria's "reforms"
- Mobilization and repression
- The victims
- Conclusion : The price of terror
- Brief biographies
- List of selected camps and projects of the OGPU-NKVD
- Excerpts from the Criminal codes of the RSFSR and the Constitution of the USSR.