College in prison : reading in an age of mass incarceration /
"The nationally renowned Bard Prison Initiative demonstrates how the liberal arts can alter the landscape inside prisons by expanding access to the transformative power of American higher education. American colleges and universities have made various efforts to provide prisoners with access to...
New Brunswick, New Jersey :
Rutgers University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: A Note on Text
- 1. Getting In: Conflicting Voices and the Politics of College in Prison
- 2. Landscapes: BPI and Mass Incarceration
- 3. Going to Class: Reading Crime and Punishment
- 4. The First Graduation: Figures of Speech
- 5. Replication and Conclusions: College, Prison, and Inequality in America.