Russia's empires /
New York :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Before empire: early Rus' visions of diversity of lands and peoples
- Imperial beginnings: Muscovy
- Disrupting the easy road from empire to nation-state: a theoretical interlude
- Responsive rule and its limits: force and sentiment in the eighteenth century
- Russians' identities in the eighteenth century: a multitude of possibilities
- Imperial Russia in the moment of the nation, 1801-1855
- War, reforms, revolt, and reaction
- Imperial anxieties: 1905-1914
- Clash and collapse of empires: 1914-1921
- Making nations, Soviet style: 1921-1953
- Imperial impasses: reform, reaction, revolution
- The end of empire, 1991-2016 ... or not?