Islam in an era of nation-states : politics and religious renewal in Muslim Southeast Asia /
"The opening chapters of the volume document relations between the state and prominent Islamic political organizations. A second group of essays brings the level of documentation and analysis one step closer to the grass-roots operation of "reformist" or "resurgent" Islamic...
Honolulu, Hawaii :
University of Hawai'i Press,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Islam in an Era of Nation-States: Politics and Religious Renewal in Muslim Southeast Asia / Robert W. Hefner.
- Appreciating Islam in the Muslim Philippines: Authority, Experience, and Identity in Cotabato / Thomas M. McKenna.
- Islamization and Democratization in Indonesia / Robert W. Hefner.
- Traditionalist Islam and the State in Indonesia: The Road to Legitimacy and Renewal /Andree Feillard.
- Modern Intentions: Reshaping Subjectivities in an Indonesian Muslim Society / John R. Bowen.
- The Ahmadiyya Movement in Simunul: Islamic Reform in One Remote and Unlikely Place / Patricia Horvatich.
- Identity Construction, Nation Formation, and Islamic Revivalism in Malaysia / Shamsul A.B.
- "Ordinary Muslims" and Muslim Resurgents in Contemporary Malaysia: Notes on an Ambivalent Relationship / Michael G. Peletz .
- Islamization and the Reshaping of Identities in Rural South Sulawesi / Martin Rossler.