Islam and Christianity : theological themes in comparative perspective /
In light of the widespread public perception of incompatibility between Islam and Christianity, this book provides a much-needed straightforward comparison of these two great faith traditions from a broad theological perspective. Award-winning scholar John Renard illuminates the similarities as well...
University of California Press,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Prologue: Christian-Muslim Theological Dialogue in Retrospect
- Introduction: Theological Themes and Subdisciplines
- Part One: Historical dimensions: interpreting god's communication and divine engagement in time and space. 1. Sacred Sources and Community Origins
- - 2. Development and Spread
- Part Two: Creedal dimensions: faith and the development of theology as a religious discipline. 3. From Story to Creed
- - 4. The Emergence of Theological Disciplines
- Part Three: Institutional dimensions: the structures of theologically grounded community. 5. Beneath the Brick and Mortar
- - 6. Institutions in Action
- Part Four: Ethical and spiritual dimensions: mapping outward and inward journeys of faith. 7. Sources, Methods, and Social Values in Theological Ethics
- - 8. Sources and Models in Traditions of Spirituality
- - 9. Themes in Prayer and Mystical Theology
- Epilogue: Reflections on the Prospects for Christian-Muslim Theological Dialogue.