Disability and Technology : An Interdisciplinary and International Approach /
This book brings together formally disparate literatures and debates on disability and technology in a way that captures the complex interplay between the two. Drawing on disability studies, technology studies and clinical studies, the book argues that interdisciplinary insights together provide a m...
Palgrave Macmillan UK : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part I. Disability and Technology in Context
- Chapter 1. Between Bodies, Artefacts and Theories: Theorising Disability, Theorising Technology
- Chapter 2. I Am Not Sure We've Been Introduced? Disability Meets Technology
- Part II. Understanding Disability, Understanding Technology
- Chapter 3. Employing Technology to Good Effect: Technology, Disability and the 'Palace'
- Chapter 4. Disability, Ageing and Technology: They Think That By Throwing a Pendant Alarm at You It Equals Independence
- Chapter 5. The Wheelchair: Enabled or Disabled? Houston, We've Had a Problem
- Chapter 6. To Augment or Not Augment? That is the Question: From Cochlear Implants to Exoskeletons
- Final Reflection.