Islamic law and civil code : the law of property in Egypt /
Richard A. Debs analyzes the classical Islamic law of property based on the Shari'ah, traces its historic development in Egypt, and describes its integration as a source of law within the modern format of a civil code. He focuses specifically on Egypt, a country in the Islamic world that drew u...
New York :
Columbia University Press,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The classical Islamic law of property
- Traditional Islamic law in the modern era
- The introduction of a western civil code system
- Property law under the first civil codes
- The development of a national legal system
- Property law under the Civil Code of 1949.