Beyond Brexit? : how to assess the UK's future /
|Series:||Policy Press shorts. Insights.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Brexit: how did we get here?; Beyond Brexit?; The road to the referendum; Brief context on the UK's relationship with the EU; What is Article 50?; Implications of the referendum for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Gibraltar
- 2. What does the EU do for the UK and the UK for the EU?; What does the EU do for the UK?; Benefiting from environmental standards; What does the UK do for the EU?
- 3. What are the options for future UK/EU institutional relationships?; Introduction; Why do these models matter?; What models are there?
- 4. What immediate actions does the UK need to take?Introduction; Stabilise markets; Reinvent welfare state to re-unify country; Stabilise existing projects and programmes; Prepare negotiating positions
- 5. Beyond Brexit, what will stay the same?; Overview of key government policies in addition to Brexit; Discussion of the May doctrine of new welfarism; Implications for state devolution; Implications for climate change and the environment; Implications for trade and competition; Implications for energy security; Security and defence policy
- 6. Beyond Brexit, what will be lost?; Introduction Universities: loss of students, staff, funding and cooperationAddressing inequalities: health, poverty and skills; Culture and heritage; Funding and trade agreements; Free movement; The use of English as an EU official language; Post-political methods of policy and delivery
- 7. Beyond Brexit, what will be foregone?; Introduction; Funding for local investment; Transport; Spatial plans and territorial policies; Environment and climate change policies; Economic policy; Social and cultural policy; Energy policy
- 8. How can we assess the future beyond Brexit?; The changing context for Brexit; Will the Brexit process influence the outcome?What will be the effects of Brexit on the UK economy?; What pressures will be placed on the EU by international bodies to close the gap with the UK?; How will Brexit affect the whole of the UK?; How will the EU change without the UK?; Is it possible to identify any likely unintended consequences?; How will the UK respond to the Brexit deal?