Queer Shakespeare : desire and sexuality /
Queer Shakespeare: Desire and Sexuality draws together 13 essays, which offer a major reassessment of the criticism of desire, body and sexuality in Shakespeare's drama and poetry. Bringing together some of the most prominent critics working at the intersection of Shakespeare criticism and quee...
London ; New York :
Bloomsbury Arden Shakespeare, an imprint of Bloombury Publishing Plc,
|Series:||Arden Shakespeare (Critical studies)
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: queer Shakespeare- desire and sexuality / Goran Stanivukovic
- Part I. Queer time. 'Which is worthiest love' in The Two Gentlemen of Verona? / David L. Orvis
- Glass: the sonnets' desiring object / John S. Garrison
- The sport of asses: A Midsummer Night's Dream / Kirk Quinsland
- As You Like It or What You Will: Shakespeare's sonnets and Beccadelli's Hermaphroditus / Ian Frederick Moulton
- Part II. Queer language. The queer language of size in Love's Labour's Lost / Valerie Billing
- Locating queerness in Cymbeline / Stephen Guy-Bray
- Desiring H: Much Ado About Nothing and the sound of women's desire / Holly Dugan
- 'Two lips, indifferent red': queer styles in Twelfth Night / Goran Stanivukovic
- Part III. Queer nature. Queer nature, or the weather in Macbeth / Christine Varnado
- Strange insertions in The Merchant of Venice / Eliza Greenstadt
- Male femininity and male-to-female crossdressing in Shakespeare's plays and poems / Simone Chess
- Held in common: Romeo and Juliet and the promiscuous seductions of plague / Kathryn Schwarz
- Antisocial procreation in Measure for Measure / Melissa E. Sanchez
- Afterword / Vin Nardizzi.