Corn palaces and butter queens : a history of crop art and dairy sculpture /
" Teddy Roosevelt's head sculpted from butter. The Liberty Bell replicated in oranges. The Sioux City Corn Palace of 1891 encased with corn, grains, and grasses and stretching for two city blocks--with a trolley line running down its center. Between 1870 and 1930, from county and state fai...
University of Minnesota Press,
|Access:||Click to View|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Banquet Tables to Trophy Displays
- Cereal Architecture
- Butter Cows and Butter Ladies
- America's World's Fairs, 1893/1915
- Boosters, Saracens, and Indians
- Mrs. Brooks and President Roosevelt
- An Ongoing Tradition
- Conclusion: Icons of Abundance.