J.D. Salinger's The catcher in the rye : a cultural history /
"Since its publication in 1951, The Catcher in the Rye has been a cultural phenomenon, not only as an assigned text for English courses but also as a touchstone for generations of alienated youth. As the focus of recent major films and a successful off-Broadway play attest, J.D. Salinger and hi...
Lanham, Maryland :
Rowman & Littlefield,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The birth of a novel : Holden Caulfield and J.D .Salinger : two men in the closet (a close reading)
- Catcher in the fifties : sweet sixteen and the king
- Catcher in the sixties : false profits
- Catcher in the seventies : uprisings and infiltrations
- Catcher in the eighties : lawsuits and murder
- Catcher in the nineties and to the present : legacies