Free for all : fixing school food in America /
"How did our children end up eating nachos, pizza, and Tater Tots for lunch? Taking us on an eye-opening journey into the nation's school kitchens, this superbly researched book is the first to provide a comprehensive assessment of school food in the United States. Janet Poppendieck explor...
University of California Press,
|Series:||California studies in food and culture ;
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: In search of school food
- School food 101
- Food fights : a brief history
- Penny wise, pound foolish : what's driving the menu?
- How nutritious are school meals?
- The missing millions : problems of participation
- Hunger in the classroom : problems of access
- Free, reduced price, paid : unintended consequences
- Local heroes : fixing school food at the community level
- Conclusion: School food at the crossroads.