The presidents and the poor : America battles poverty, 1964-2017 /
"Ever since Lyndon Johnson launched his "War on Poverty," each presidential administration has engaged in a unique effort to help impoverished Americans. Though every president inherited the remnants of his predecessors' policies, each sought to make his own mark and secure his o...
Lawrence, Kansas :
University Press of Kansas,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The limited war : Lyndon Johnson, 1964-1969
- The grand design : Richard Nixon, 1969-1974
- No time to heal : Gerald Ford, 1974-1977
- Social engineering: Jimmy Carter, 1977-1981
- The revolution that wasn't : Ronald Reagan, 1981-1989
- The good society : George H. W. Bush, 1989-1993
- Going to China : Bill Clinton, 1993-2001
- Losing faith : George W. Bush, 2001-2009
- The elasticity of hope : Barack Obama, 2009-2017.