Spinoza and Biblical philology in the Dutch Republic, 1660-1710 /
Oxford, United Kingdom :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : Spinoza and biblical philology in the Dutch Republic
- Spinoza's biblical criticism
- Responses to Spinoza : Burman to Le Clerc
- Biblical history and antiquarianism
- The Bible in the political fabric of the Dutch Republic, 1660-1710
- The Sabbath : biblical scholarship and ecclesiastical discipline
- Conclusion : the Bible human and divine.