US national security reform : reassessing the National Security Act of 1947 /
Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY :
|Series:||Routledge global security studies.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : how should we think about national security reform? / Heidi B. Demarest
- The durable national security act / Richard K. Betts
- Improving strategic assessment in the executive branch : lessons from the scholarly literature / Risa A. Brooks
- Bent but not broken? : inter-branch politics, checks and balances, and the contemporary national security state / Douglas L. Kriner
- Contradictions in U.S. security planning for a global environment and a process approach to solving them / Deborah Avant
- What have we learned about how presidents organize for national security decision making, 1947-2017 / Meena Bose
- Toward a smaller White House national security staff : a look at the present in historical perspective / I.M. (Mac) Destler
- How we decide what we need : planning the future force / David S.C. Chu, with the assistance of Allison F. Taylor
- Global challenges and American grand strategy for the 21st century / Walter Russell Mead
- Security challenges in the post-unipolar era / Andrew F. Krepinevich, Jr
- Global challenges, U.S. national security strategy, and defense organization / Thomas G. Mahnken
- The diffusion of power and the organization of the U.S. national security establishment / Barry R. Posen
- Conclusion / Erica D. Borghard
- Afterword : national security reform for a new era : an agenda for policymakers.