Men's health and illness : gender, power, and the body /
A multidisciplinary, international approach is taken in this volume which contextualizes men's health issues within the broader theoretical framework of men's studies. The contributors argue that gender is a key factor for understanding the patterns of men's health risks, the ways men...
Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
|Series:||Research on men and masculinities series ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Rethinking men's health and illness / Donald Sabo and David Frederick Gordon
- Contributions of changing gender differences in behavior and social roles to changing gender differences in mortality / Ingrid Waldron
- Premature death among males / Judith M. Stillion
- Masculinity, men's roles, and coronary heart disease / Vicki S. Helgeson
- Life's too short to die small / Alan M. Klein
- Health among African American males / Robert Staples
- Gender politics, pain, and illness / Carol Polych and Donald Sabo
- Sport, masculinity, and the injured body / Philip G. White, Kevin Young, and William G. McTeer
- Coming to terms / Thomas J. Gerschick and Adam S. Miller
- Men's style of nurturing elders / Lenard W. Kaye and Jeffrey S. Applegate
- Sexual adaptations among gay men with HIV / Richard Tewksbury
- Testicular cancer and masculinity / David Frederick Gordon
- Identity dilemmas of chronically ill men / Kathy Charmaz
- Men who survive a suicidal act / Silvia Sara Canetto.