International politics : concepts, theories and issues /
This book provides a roadmap that can orient the reader towards the main concepts, theories and issues in world politics today necessitating explorations in 'new theorizing', thus making the study of global politics a much more exciting and absorbing project than ever before. Every effort...
New Delhi ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Cover; Contents; List of Boxes; List of Abbreviations; Preface; Introduction; Part A: Concepts; 1
- The Nation State System: National Power, Balance of Power and Collective Security; 2
- Role of National Interest; 3
- Diplomacy: Nature, Forms and Relevance; 4
- Colonialism and Neocolonialism: Impact of Decolonization; 5
- Disarmament, Arms Control and Nuclear Proliferation; Part B: Theories; 6
- Liberalism; 7
- Realism; 8
- Marxism; 9
- Feminism; 10
- Postmodernism and Constructivism in International Relations; Part C: Issues; 11
- Globalization: Meaning and Dimensions.
- The United Nations: Changing Role13
- Human Rights and International Politics; 14
- The Global Environment: Issues and Debates; 15
- Terrorism; 16
- Development and Security: Changing Paradigms; Part D: India's Foreign Policy and Bilateral Relations; 17
- Basic Determinants of India's Foreign Policy and Bilateral Relations; Afterword; Model Questions; About the Editor and Contributors; Index.