Disney and philosophy : truth, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust /
Explores topics including Disney's feminist transformation, dilemmas of disability, hierarchy and equality in Disney's theme parks, the art of imagineering, Disney's intelligent machines, tolerance and inclusion in a world of differences, alienation and consumption at Disney World, an...
Hoboken, NJ :
|Series:||Blackwell philosophy and popculture series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : philosophy begins in wonder
- Unruly Ariel : not born but made a woman / Megan S. Lloyd
- True to your heart : honor and authenticity in Mulan / George A. Dunn
- Zen and the art of imagineering : Disney's escapism versus Buddhism's liberation / Steve Bein
- Hidden Mickeys and the hiddenness of God / Robert K. Garcia and Timothy Pickavance
- "Everyone's special dash" : tolerance and conformity in a world of incredible differences / Richard Davis
- Accommodating Dory, but disempowering Dopey? Dilemmas of disability from Snow White to Finding Dory / Kevin Mintz
- From Snow White to Moana : understanding Disney's feminist transformation / Edwardo Pérez
- "Always a team, always united" : Disney's philosophy of the family / Kody Cooper
- How to convince Sleeping Beauty she's not dreaming / Chad A. Mcintosh
- Knowing who you are : existence precedes essence in Moana / William J. Devlin
- Saving Mr. Banks : reclaiming our childhood, remembering who we are / Mark Linville and Shawn White
- Wall-e and Eve : Disney's intelligent machines / Timothy Brown
- Inside Disney's Inside out / Ellen Miller
- To be or not to be ... The lion king : existentialism in Disney and Shakespeare / Megan S. Lloyd
- True freedom in Toy story, or you are a child's plaything! / Armond Boudreaux
- "Our fate lives within us" : character and choice in Brave / Louis Colombo and Steve Jones
- Breaking the spell : Beauty and the beast and Plato's prisoner / Nathan and Leilani Mueller
- True love in Frozen / Jamey Heit
- Mencius spins The emperor's new groove / Dean A. Kowalski
- "Handed down from goof to goof" : what Goofy can teach us about becoming good / Robert M. Mentyka
- "Let slip the (Donald) Ducks of war!" : ethical considerations about Disney's war propaganda / Tuomas W. Manninen
- Wall-e, the environment, and our duties to future generations / J. Edward Hackett
- Is there any utopia in Zootopia? / Alexander Christian and Frauke Albersmeier
- How I learned to stop worrying and love Disney : Marx and Marcuse at Disney world / Elizabeth Butterfield
- Media, mind, and the Magic Kingdom / Read Schuchardt
- "We're all gonna die" : death and the cycle of life in Disney / Jessica Miller
- Liberty Square in the shadow of Cinderella's castle : political philosophy in Disney's theme parks / Timothy Dale and Joseph Foy.