Porcelain A History from the Heart of Europe /
"This is a history of porcelain as a business and consumer product, from the eighteenth century to the present day. Many books have been written on Chinese porcelain as an exotic import from Asia, but this book tells the history of the Central European reinvention and mass production of the mat...
Princeton University Press,
|Series:||Book collections on Project MUSE.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Illustrations and Tables
- Note on Currencies and Other Abbreviations
- Chapter 1. Reinventing the Recipe
- Chapter 2. The Challenge of Wedgwood and the Rise of the Private Firm
- Chapter 3. Making, Marketing, and Consuming in the "Golden Age"
- Chapter 4. Surviving the Revolutions
- Chapter 5. The Discrete Charms of Biedermeier Porcelain
- Chapter 6. Of Capitalism and Cartels
- Chapter 7. Porcelain, the Wilhelmine Plastic
- Chapter 8. The Fragility of Interwar Porcelain
- Chapter 9. From Cold War Wonder to Contemporary White Elephant
- Image Credits