Social worlds of sentencing : court communities under sentencing guidelines /
"Many states and the federal system have embraced sentencing guidelines as a mechanism of sentencing reform. This book draws from interactionist theories of organizations and James Eisenstein's depiction of courts as communities to frame an investigation of sentencing disparity, case proce...
State University of New York Press,
|Series:||SUNY series in new directions in crime and justice studies.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Courts, Sentencing, and Sentencing Guidelines
- 2. Court Communities as Social Worlds
- 3. Data and Analytical Strategy
- 4. Statewide Sentencing Outcomes
- 5. Metro County
- 6. Rich County
- 7. Southwest County
- 8. Conclusion: Court Communities and Sentencing under Guidelines
- App. A. Pennsylvania Sentencing Guidelines
- App. B. Examples of Interview Questions by Topic
- App. C. Descriptive Statistics: Variables in State-wide Analysis.