Talking voices : repetition, dialogue, and imagery in conversational discourse /
"This book presents the highly respected scholarly research that forms the foundation for Deborah Tannen's best-selling books about the role of language in human relationships. It provides a clear framework for understanding how ordinary conversation works to create meaning and establish r...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Studies in interactional sociolinguistics ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction to first edition
- Introduction to second edition
- Involvement in discourse
- Repetition in conversation: toward a poetics of talk
- "Oh talking voice that is so sweet": constructing dialogue in conversation
- Imagining worlds: imagery and detail in conversation and other genres
- Involvement strategies in consort: literary nonfiction and political oratory
- Afterword: toward a humanistic linguistics.