Collective action under the Articles of Confederation /
"Rather than focusing on why the states did not contribute to the national government under the Articles of Confederation, Collective Action under the Articles of Confederation asks why the states did contribute. Why did states pay large portions of their requisitions to the federal government...
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. The Mystery of State Contribution
- 2. National Interests and State Sovereignty: Objectives of the Confederation
- 3. Collective Action and the Provision of Public Goods
- 4. The History of State Compliance
- 5. State Contributions and Private Interests
- 6. Reacting to Rebellion
- 7. A New Constitution
- 8. Conclusion
- App. Olson's Collective Action Game.