New insights into the semantics of legal concepts and the legal dictionary /
This book focuses on legal concepts from the dual perspective of law and terminology. While legal concepts frame legal knowledge and take center stage in law, the discipline of terminology has traditionally been about concept description. Exploring topics common to both disciplines such as meaning,...
Amsterdam ; Philadelphia :
John Benjamins Publishing Company,
|Series:||Terminology and lexicography research and practice (TLRP),
volume 17 |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Terms, concepts and other conundrums
- Investigating legal concepts, language and the law
- (How) do courts do things with words?
- Understanding EU legal concepts
- Multilingualism and EU legal concepts
- EU legal translation and the challenges for the dictionary
- Multilingual legal dictionaries
- Methodology for the making of a termontological dictionary
- Concluding remarks and directions for future research.