Contested spaces of teaching and learning : practitioner ethnographies of adult education in the United States /
"Contested Spaces is an edited collection of critical ethnographies that examine the educational experiences of adults as cultural practice. These practices take place in diverse settings -- from the formal and subtly negotiated educational contexts of school classrooms, parent or adult educati...
Lanham, Maryland :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : contesting adult education / Carolyn Chernoff and Janise Hurtig
- Maps, flyers, and notebooks : the materiality of experts and novices in refugee education / Jill Koyama
- Rethinking digital resources in adult and family literacy : immigrant parents' perspectives in digital literacy program / Silvia Noguerón-Liu
- A space within a space / Janise Hurtig
- Insider yoga : bodily cultivation in yoga at the River, a hermetic male prison yoga community / Sara K. Schneider
- The call to wisdom : warm demander pedagogy and the black church Sunday school teacher as learner / Tryphenia B. Peele-Eady
- Every voice matters : taking action for equity / Gretchen Wilbur
- Organizers leading learning : transforming training at the Latino Union WorkersCenter / Joseph Zanoni
- "All I want is to breathe ... won't you breathe with me?" : the individual and the collective in an LGBTQ and allies community of practice / Char Ullman
- Latinx cultural programming as public pedagogy : mobilizing cultura (culture) in a small town community in Upstate New York / Sofia A. Villenas and Carolina Osorio Gil
- Transnational lives and lifelong learning in mutual assistance / Katherine Silvester
- Identity on parade : teaching and learning race, class, gender, and sexuality in public / Carolyn Chernoff.