Framing the past : the historiography of German cinema and television /
Southern Illinois University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- History in the making : Weimar cinema and national identity / Thomas J. Saunders
- Lubitsch's period films as palimpsest : on Passion and Deception / Sabine Hake
- Imagining history : Weimar images of the French Revolution / Marc Silberman
- Eros, thanatos, and the will to myth : Prussian films in German cinema / Jan-Christopher Horak
- Leni Riefenstahl's feature films and the question of a fascist aesthetic / Linda Schulte-Sasse
- Television as history : representations of German television broadcasting, 1935-1944 / William Uricchio
- Generational conflict and historical continuity in GDR film / Barton Byg
- The disposal of memory : fascism and the Holocaust on West German television / Michael E. Geisler
- On the difficulty of saying "we" : the historians' debate and Edgar Reitz's Heimat / Eric L. Santner
- The new German cinema's historical imaginary / Thomas Elsaesser.
- History and film : public memory in the age of electronic dissemination / Anton Kaes.