The Cambridge companion to the violin /
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Stowell, Robin.|
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to music.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The violin and bow : origins and development / John Dilworth
- The physics of the violin / Bernard Richardson
- The violinists of the Baroque and Classical periods / Simon McVeigh
- The nineteenth-century bravura tradition / Robin Stowell
- The twentieth century / Eric Wen
- The fundamentals of violin playing and teaching / Adrian Eales
- Technique and performing practice / Robin Stowell
- Aspects of contemporary technique (with comments about Cage, Feldman, Scelsi and Babbitt) / Paul Zukofsky
- The concerto ; The sonata ; Other solo repertory / Robin Stowell
- The violin as ensemble instrument / Peter Allsop
- The pedagogical literature / Robin Stowell
- The violin : instrument of four continents / Peter Cooke
- The violin in jazz / Max Harrison.