The popularization of images : visual culture under the July Monarchy /
|Other Authors:||Chu, Petra ten-Doesschate., Weisberg, Gabriel P.|
Princeton, N.J. :
Princeton University Press,
Princeton series in nineteenth-century art, culture, and society.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Violence, satire, and social types in the graphic arts of the July Monarchy / James Cuno
- The image that speaks : the significance of M. Mayeux in the art and literature of the July Monarchy / Elizabeth K. Menon
- The proletarian's body : Charlet's representation of social class during the July Monarchy / Michael Paul Driskel
- Proto-realism in the July Monarchy : the strategies of Philippe-Auguste Jeanron and Charles-Joseph Traviès / Gabriel P. Weisberg
- Historical vision and the writing of history at Louis-Philippe's Versailles / Michael Marrinan
- Michaud's history of the Crusades and the French Crusade in Algeria under Louis-Philippe / Kim Munholland
- Pop culture in the making : the romantic craze for history / Petra ten-Doesschate Chu.
- The power of axes and the axes of power : L.-T.J. Visconti, the new Louvre, and the shape of Paris / David Van Zanten
- Going to extremes over the construction of the juste milieu / Albert Boime.