The Cambridge companion to Walt Whitman /
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Greenspan, Ezra.|
[Cambridge] ; [New York] :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Ezra Greenspan
- "As if I were with you": the performance of Whitman's poetry / Stephen Railton
- Fratricide and brotherly love: Whitman and the Civil War / M. Wynn Thomas
- Reading Whitman's postwar poetry / James Perrin Warren
- Politics and poetry: Leaves of grass and the social crisis of the 1850's / David S. Reynolds
- Some remarks on the poetics of "participle-loving Whitman" / Ezra Greenspan
- "Being a woman...I wish to give my own view": some nineteenth-century women's responses to the 1860 Leaves of grass / Sherry Ceniza
- Appearing in print: illustrations of the self in Leaves of grass / Ed Folsom
- "I sing the body electric": Isadora Duncan, Whitman, and the dance / Ruth L. Bohan
- Walt Whitman: precipitant of the modern / Alan Trachtenberg
- Borges's "Song of myself" / Fernando Alegria.