The Cambridge companion to T.S. Eliot /
[Cambridge [England] ; New York] :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to literature.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Where is the real T.S. Eliot? or, the life of the poet / James Olney
- Eliot as a product of America / Eric Sigg
- Eliot as philosopher / Richard Shusterman
- T.S. Eliot's critical program / Timothy Materer
- The Social critic and his discontents / Peter Dale Scott
- Religion, literature, and society in the work of T.S. Eliot / Cleo McNelly Kearns
- "England and nowhere" / Alan Marshall
- Early poems: from "Prufrock" to "Gerontion" / J.C.C. Mays
- Improper desire: reading The Waste land / Harriet Davidson
- Ash-Wednesday: a poetry of verification / John Kwan-Terry
- Four quartets: music, word, meaning and value / A. David Moody
- Pereira and after: the cures of Eliot's theater / Robin Grove
- "Mature poets steal": Eliot's allusive practice / James Longenbach
- Eliot's impact on twentieth-century Anglo-American poetry / Charles Altieri
- Tradition and T.S. Eliot / Jean-Michel Rabaté
- Eliot: modernism, postmodernism, and after / Bernard Sharratt
- Eliot studies: a review and a select booklist / Jewel Spears Brooker.