Gustave Flaubert /
New York : London :
Twayne Publishers ; Prentice Hall International,
|Series:||Twayne's world authors series ;
TWAS 866. |
Twayne's world authors series. French literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Flaubert's life
- Three tales: three trails
- Madame Bovary: style as strategy
- Salammbô: veiled meaning
- Sentimental education: a sentimental journey
- The temptation of Saint Anthony: the matter of form
- Bouvard and Pécuchet: learning life's lessons
- Conclusion: why read Flaubert?