The comic tradition in Irish women writers /
University Press of Florida,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- What foremothers? / Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill
- The voices of Maria Edgeworth's comedy / Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin
- Hyacinth and the wise man : Lady Gregory's comic enterprise / Mary Lowe-Evans
- "Humor with a Gender" : Somerville and Ross and The Irish R.M. / James M. Cahalan
- The crumbling fortress : Molly Keane's comedies of Anglo-Irish manners / Rachael Jane Lynch
- Iris Murdoch's moral comedy / Flora Alexander
- (S)he was too scrupulous always : Edna O'Brien and the comic tradition / Michael Patrick Gillespie
- History, gender, and the post-colonial condition : Julia O'Faolain's comic rewriting of Finnegans Wake / Theresa O'Connor
- Lashings of the mother tongue : Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill's anarchic laughter / Mary O'Connor
- Joyce and Boylan's Black Baby : "swiftly and silently" / Jean-Louis Giovannangeli.