In black and white : race and sports in America /
|Main Author:||Shropshire, Kenneth L.|
New York :
New York University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : the realities of racism and discrimination in America
- The roots of racism and discrimination in sports
- Sitting in with the "good old boys" : ownership
- The front office and anti-discrimination law
- "Fear of a black planet" : the front office
- Color-blind propositions : the collegiate ranks
- "The white man's ice is colder, his sugar sweeter, his water wetter, his medicine better" : sports agents
- The next millennium.