The Cambridge companion to the French novel : from 1800 to the present /
|Corporate Author:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Unwin, Timothy A.|
Cambridge, U.K. ; New York, N.Y. :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- On the novel and the writing of literary history / Timothy Unwin
- Novels of testimony and the 'invention' of the modern French novel / Jann Matlock
- Reality and its representation in the nineteenth-century novel / Alison Finch
- Women and fiction in the nineteenth century / Margaret Cohen
- Popular fiction in the nineteenth century / David Coward
- Decadence and the fin-de-siècle novel / Laurence M. Porter
- The Proustian revolution / Christie McDonald
- Formal experiment and innovation / David H. Walker
- Existentialism, engagement, ideology / Steven Ungar
- War and the Holocaust / Denis Boak
- From serious to popular fiction / Stephen F. Noreiko
- The colonial and postcolonial Francophone novel / Françoise Lionnet
- The French-Canadian novel / Denis Boak
- Gender and sexual identity in the modern French novel / Jane Winston
- Postmodern French fiction: practice and theory / Johnnie Gratton.