Understanding and changing health behaviour : from health beliefs to self-regulation /
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Amsterdam : Abingdon :
Harwood Academic ; Marston,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Sect. 1.
- Understanding and Changing Health Behaviour: From Health Beliefs to Self-Regulation /
- Charles Abraham and Paschal Sheeran
- Sect. 2.
- Applications of Social Cognition Models
- Using the Theory of Reasoned Action to Predict Condom Use among High-Risk Heterosexual Teens /
- Diane M. Morrison, Sharon A. Baker and Mary Rogers Gillmore
- Can Protection Motivation Theory Predict Breast Self-Examination? A Longitudinal Test Exploring the Role of Previous Behaviour /
- Sarah E. Milne and Sheina Orbell
- Comparing the Theory of Planned Behaviour and the Health Belief Model: The Example of Safety Helmet Use among Schoolboy Cyclists /
- Lyn Quine, Derek R. Rutter and Laurence Arnold
- Sect. 3.
- Extensions to Social Cognition Models
- Attitudinal and Normative Processes in Health Behaviour /
- David Trafimow
- Behavioural and Normative Beliefs about Condom Use: Comparing Measurement Alternatives within the Theory of Reasoned Action /
- Christopher R. Agnew
- Discriminating between Behavioural Intention and Behavioural Willingness: Cognitive Antecedents to Adolescent Health Risk /
- Frederick X. Gibbons, Meg Gerrard and Judith A. Ouellette /
- [et al.]
- Sect. 4.
- Stages of Change
- The Attitude-Social Influence-Efficacy Model Applied to the Prediction of Motivational Transitions in the Process of Smoking Cessation /
- Hein De Vries, Aart N. Muddle and Arie Dijkstra
- Relationships among the Theory of Planned Behaviour, Stages of Change, and Exercise Behaviour in Older Persons over a Three Year Period /
- Kerry S. Courneya, Claudio R. Nigg and Paul A. Estabrooks
- A Critical Review of the Transtheoretical Model Applied to Smoking Cessation /
- Stephen Sutton
- Sect. 5.
- Self-Regulation and Health Goals
- The Emergence and Implementation of Health Goals /
- Peter M. Gollwitzer and Gabriele Oettingen
- Goal Setting and Goal Pursuit in the Regulation of Body Weight /
- Richard P. Bagozzi and Elizabeth A. Edwards
- Health Promotion from the Perspective of Social Cognitive Theory /
- Albert Bandura
- Sect. 6.
- Conclusions and Future Directions
- Towards a Psychology of Health-related Behaviour Change /
- Charles Abraham, Paul Norman and Mark Conner.