|Main Author:||Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.|
|Other Authors:||Quinn, Edward, 1932-|
The Crowell critical library
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The tragedy of King Lear.
- Selections from Nahum Tate's King Lear.
- Sources: From The true chronicle history of King Leir. From Holinshed's Chronicles. From Sidney's Arcadia.
- Selected criticism: Summary note to King Lear, by S. Johnson.
- From On Shakespeare's tragedies, by C. Lamb.
- From Characters of Shakespeare's plays, by W. Hazlitt.
- From Shakespearean tragedy, by A. C. Bradley.
- King Lear and the comedy of the grotesque, by G. W. Knight.
- From The Gutenberg galaxy, by M. McLuhan.
- King Lear or Endgame, by J. Kott.
- From King Lear in our time, by M. Mack.
- King Lear and the meaning of chaos, by H. Skulsky.
- Selected bibliography (p. 233-235).