The Cambridge companion to eighteenth-century poetry /
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to literature.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : the future of eighteenth-century poetry / John Sitter
- Couplets and conversation / J. Paul Hunter
- Political passions / Christine Gerrard
- Publishing and reading poetry / Barbara M. Benedict
- The city in eighteenth-century poetry / Brean Hammond
- "Nature" poetry / Tim Fulford
- Questions in poetics : why and how poetry matters / John Sitter
- Eighteenth-century women poets and readers / Claudia Thomas Kairoff
- Creating a national poetry : the tradition of Spenser and Milton / David Fairer
- The return to the ode / Ralph Cohen
- A poetry of absence / David B. Morris
- The poetry of sensibility / Patricia Meyer Spacks
- "Pre-Romanticism" and the ends of eighteenth-century poetry / Jennifer Keith.